Why most developers do not benchmark their code?
- In all honesty, I’m not sure.
- I am aware that some are afraid to show the world that they are not as good as they thought they were.
- Rest assured that if you are an excellent programmer, and you are afraid to show the world how well you are doing, then you are not good.
- If you are afraid to show the world that some parts of your code are slower than you thought, or slower than the competition, then you are not good.
- There is no shame in admitting that you need to improve.
- Change your mindset. Bench your code.